HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG
- Make sure your dog is standing upright and you have your tape measure handy.
- The chest (1) measurement should be taken from just behind your dog's front legs. Wrap the tape measure all the way around your dog's chest. We recommend adding a few fingers for comfort.
- The base of the neck (2) measurement is NOT the collar area but instead the very, very base of the neck. Wrap the tape measure around this part of the neck allowing for a good few fingers of room.
- Between sizes? Try measuring the chest for a fairly snug fit without room for your fingers. Then try measuring again with a few fingers in the tape measure. If your first 'close fit' measurement was already borderline and your 'fingers' measurement pushes the reading into the next size, we suggest going for the next size. If however both measurements fall within the smaller size, opt for the smaller size.
- Don't get hung up on the lower neck measurement as it is the least important part to the harness. We do however publish the neck sizes to aid owners with dogs who have huge necks in proportion to their chests, such as Pugs, who will need to keep an eye on the neck measurement.