HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG
- Make sure your dog is standing then measure your dog's back length (1) from the withers (right between the shoulder blades) all the way down to the base of the tail (where it connects to the spine).
- The chest (2) measurement should be taken from just behind your dog's front legs. Wrap the tape measure all the way around your dog's chest. We recommend adding a further 5-20cm (tiny to large breeds) to this measurement to allow for unimpeded movement.
- When your dog is upright, gently grab the lower shin of your dog's front leg (3) as if you were holding a tennis racket. Measure from the inner armpit of your dog's front leg, all the way down to your hand.
- You should not measure any part of the neck or the tail in your back length measurement.
- Back length is more important than chest size.
- The leg of the Hurtta Slush Suit should sit anywhere between the knee joint to the ankle with somewhere between these two points being ideal. This will vary from dog to dog.
- Between sizes? The odds are the size down is the right jacket to go for and NOT the size up.