- Size Chart
- How to Measure
- Delivery & Returns
The NEW Hurtta Padded Y Harness is suitable for active walks for all dogs, but they are especially recommended for dogs with back and neck problems.
When the dog pulls on the leash, the close-fitting harness distributes pressure evenly across the chest, preventing damages to the dog’s vertebrae. T
hanks to the wide padding and ergonomic design, the harness is comfortable and does not cause wear on the dog’s fur or skin. Easy and quick to put on, both dog and owner will get accustomed to the harness in no time.
Hurtta harnesses are available in two classic models: the Scandinavian Padded Harness and the Y harness that is more common in Europe. Although both harnesses are suitable for all popular dog breeds, the alternative models provide additional choice for optimal fit.
Made from durable Neoprene, the harnesses are fitted with efficient 3M reflectors. Thanks to the addition of a fastener, the armpit padding stays in place when the dog is moving, providing protection from the clip buckle
Check out the 'size chart', 'how to measure' guide and the image 'gallery' further down this page. Additionally do make use of our Size Guide Tool below to help you get in the right ballpark measuring wise.
Available in Raven, Cherry and Juniper
- Try our Size Guide
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG
- Make sure your dog is standing upright and you have your tape measure handy.
- The chest (1) measurement should be taken from just behind your dog's front legs. Wrap the tape measure all the way around your dog's chest. We recommend adding a few fingers for comfort.
- The base of the neck (2) measurement is NOT the collar area but instead the very, very base of the neck. Wrap the tape measure around this part of the neck allowing for a good few fingers of room.
- Between sizes? Try measuring the chest for a fairly snug fit without room for your fingers. Then try measuring again with a few fingers in the tape measure. If your first 'close fit' measurement was already borderline and your 'fingers' measurement pushes the reading into the next size, we suggest going for the next size. If however both measurements fall within the smaller size, opt for the smaller size.
- Don't get hung up on the lower neck measurement as it is the least important part to the harness. We do however publish the neck sizes to aid owners with dogs who have huge necks in proportion to their chests, such as Pugs, who will need to keep an eye on the neck measurement.
Active Hound delivers throughout the UK including the Highlands, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands as well as many overseas destinations.
We aim to despatch your order the same working day if ordered by 3pm (Mon-Fri) and have your order with you within 48 hours after this time.
Do keep in mind that if you have ordered on a weekend, a bank holiday or if you live in a remote location, delivery might take a little longer.
Your beautiful items will be sent with Royal Mail on a Tracked 48 Hour Service. We're sorry we have to charge you £3.95 for delivery but if you spend £29 or more we'll pay the postage for you.
We do offer our customers the chance to upgrade their postage to Royal Mail Tracked 24 (usually 1 working day) and also Royal Mail Special Delivery (guaranteed for next day delivery before 1pm).
Any orders destined for other countries will be sent with on a tracked service with our international couriers, Parcel Force or DPD.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We cheerfully accept items back for a refund or exchange within 14 calendar days from the day you receive your goods from Active Hound.
To return something to us, simply fill in your returns form (this is placed in with your order) and post the parcel back to us. Please ensure the tags remain attached and items are in a saleable condition.
Returns are typically processed within 48 hours and we keep you posted by email.
Please note that postage costs are non refundable under any circumstances other than if the products you have received are faulty.